Friday 5 June 2015

Notable Side Effects

When I started this blog I promised that it would be an account of my journey. This means not only sharing the good and exciting stuff, but also some of the struggles/harder times. I mentioned in this week's post how my skin was showing signs of a detox going on in my system. The problem started out as a pimple or two on my forehead, a couple of weeks into the programme. I didn't pay much attention to it, other than noticing that they were taking ages to heal, were extremely acne like (cystic pustules) and sore, Gradually over the past couple of weeks these have increased. Now, rather than getting rid of one to gain another, I have a mass of them. It's not pretty. This is where I am at right now. I have full faith and trust that in another week or two, the rubbish will be well and truly cleansed and my skin will be back to normal. Which is to say, clean, clear and fresh. For the time being I simply thank the world for the invention of coverstick! 

 

Something else that I've noticed, which I think can also be attributed to my new regime is how bloated my belly gets. Not that old 'full' feeling but just bloated, gurgling and generally noisy. So, I'm going to look into what I could have introduced or simply increased in my diet to see what could be the cause. This could be the sudden increase in amounts of broccoli, cabbage, kale, onions and beans, which are all known factors in belly bloating. Particularly as I'm now consuming a lot of these raw. I'll try changing/eliminating one at a time and see if I notice any difference. 
I also don't doubt that the sudden increase in extra protein intake is surely having an effect on my digestive system and perhaps even kidney function. So I'm going to increase my water consumption. I know I'm having at least 2 litres per day, either on it's own, in my liquid meals or as herbal teas. I suspect this is not enough. I'm going to try to increase this by another litre if I can, to help speed up the elimination of toxins. 

This could all take a while, but hey, this was never meant to be a quick fix.

Here's little light  info on face-mapping & breakouts.

photo courtesy of google images

No comments:

Post a Comment